WHAT ARE THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF SYMUD?
- To come with openness to the moving and speaking with listening being central to how we communicate.
- To be brave in holding difference of experience with respect and care to each persons experience.
- To challenge, to question and to listen as we would like to be listened to.
- To question and to ask for clarity when needed, but also to be brave in tolerating the not knowing at times as with any creative encounter.
- To support each other’s wholehearted expression in its fullness, even though it might be different to ours.
- To speak from the heart, from our own experience.
- To hold a common ‘intention’ when sharing about our experience of dancing and to support each other in reflection times by listening and speaking with the spirit of deepening our individual and group inquiry.
WHAT DO I NEED FOR AN ONLINE SESSION?
- Internet connection
- Zoom app
- Space to move in
- Notebook and pen
- Drawing paper & art materials (oil pastels, coloured pens or pencils)
- Bottle of Water to keep yourself hydrated
- Chair (if standing for a long time is not feasible)
- Wireless headphones (optional)
- Table to draw on, if getting to the floor is uncomfortable
Please note you are engaging in this activity at your own risk. It is up to you to perform these activities in an open area free from obstacles. Please go at your own pace.
If at any point during the class or event you begin to feel faint, dizzy or physical discomfort, you should stop immediately and consult with a doctor.